7.15.2010

A Dash of Karma and a Pinch of Prayer

This afternoon as I was leaving the gas station, the angle created by my jeep and the truck in front of me, caused a woman desiring to enter the gas station parking lot to be momentarily delayed. I can only assume she was in despirate need of gas, a fountain drink, or a pack of smokes, because in the 10 extra seconds she was required to wait before the truck and I could advance thus clearing a path for her little Honda, she unleashed a vile rath of what, as a lady, I am disinclined to repeat along with several gestures of undeniable meaning. I found myself speechless. Very rarely does this occur but I was stunned and the only response I could muster was a shrug. As I exited the parking lot and contemplated how I should have responded, my first thought was to have returned the gestures, or i could have rolled down my window to attempt to reason with this irrational woman. After vetoing my own first ideas, I decided to simply, pray. I prayed that someone be nice to her today and that whatever there is in her life which is causing her to present herself in such an offensive way, may be soon resolved. It may not have done her any good, but it kept me from doing something to make her feel any worse about humanity and it gave me peace with the situation, so it certainly didn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment